Crescent University, Abeokuta was established as a private university by the Islamic Mission for Africa (IMA) in consonance with her doctrine and vision. The operating license from the Federal Government of Nigeria was obtained from the National University Commission in 2005. The mission of the University is to ensure the delivery of University education in ways that recognize personal discipline and integrity and promote positive societal values.
The University is out to assist in closing the widening gap between attainable potential student population and limited space in Nigerian educational system. Thus, the University hopes to produce the kind of graduates that will fit into current economic agenda of the nation. It hopes to gradually ensure total quality assurance consciousness in terms of its staffing, its teaching and learning environment, its equipment support base and its infrastructure and super structural development.
The Admissions unit sees to the intake of students and issuance of matriculation numbers. The unit updates JAMB on admission issues and relates with the body on Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination UTME. The office works in conjunction with Examinations and Records Unit to ensure that students’ results are processed, prepared and issued to parents/guardians on semester basis to avail them the opportunity of following up the progress of their wards.
Admissions into Part-Time and Degree Access Programmes are also available. Visit our e-Portal Page to fill the admission form and you can visit School of Post Graduate Page for information about Post Graduate Studies.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
General Admission Requirements
Credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO or approved equivalent in at least 5 subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics and any other three subjects as may be specified by each Department. Click here to View Departmental Requirements
The 5 credits should be obtained in not more than two sittings and must have been obtained within the last 5 years.
Candidates awaiting results may apply.
All applicants will be required to go through Crescent University’s screening exercise without which a candidate will not be offered admission into the University.
Interested candidates who have applied to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for admission and wish to change their first choice to Crescent University are required to: Apply for change of institution through JAMB.
Obtain the CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA application form.
Participate in the screening exercise.
All applicants are required to obtain JAMB forms as well as Crescent University application Form (Visit our e-Portal Page ) before they can qualify for the Screening exercise Admission through JAMB will be offered to candidates who have taken Crescent University as their choice and have acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
In addition, such candidates will be required to obtain the University’s application Form (Visit our e-Portal Page) and pass the oral interview that shall be conducted as a prerequisite for admission.
Procedures for Admissions
Interested candidate are expected to obtain UTME form for that year and score minimum of 180 marks.
Obtain form from the university upon payment of Ten thousand naira (=N=10,000.00) through bank draft addressed to Crescent University, Abeokuta. The forms are obtainable at the following outlets:
Online - Visit our e-Portal Page
Bola Ajibola & Co., 1 Murphy Atsepoyi Close, Plot 4 Block U, Ramat Crescent Ogudu GRA, Ojota Lagos.
Islamic Mission for Africa, No 1-15 IMA Avenue, Isale Apata off Moshood Abiola Way, Abeokuta.
Participate in the screening exercise.
Participate in the screening exercise.
All branches of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
The complete application form with 12 passport photo and 3 photocopies of original credentials should be returned to the admissions office of crescent university, Abeokuta.
The candidate will then be invited for screening exercise after payment of one thousand naira (=N=1,000.00) screening fee.
The candidates who succeed from the screening exercise will be offered admission, accept the offer, come for the verification of certificates and registration exercise when the school resume for 1st semester usually in September of every year.
Procedure for Registration
The admitted candidates pays fifty thousand naira (=N=50,000.00) acceptance fee (subject to amendments by the university management) at the Bursary and submit a photocopy of the receipt with acceptance form.
Admission officer then verifies the credential and clear all fresh students.
All students must register at the beginning of the semester for the courses prescribed by the Colleges/Departments.
Registration must be completed within the first 3 weeks of a semester. Beyond that period an additional 2 weeks may be permitted for late registration up to a limit of 5 weeks and on payment of the late registration fee to be determined by Senate from time to time.
All registration (whether late or completed at regulated time) will stop three weeks prior to examination.
On no account will registration be permitted after matriculation.
The step by step registration process is as follows:
Payment of prescribed fees and clearance from the Bursary.
Clearance by the Admission Officer and collection of Registration course forms from Academic Office.
Allocation of students into halls of residence by the Registry for only those that have paid their fees.
Clearance by the College Office.
Completion of Registration Forms by consultation with the Heads of departments concerned.
Submission of completed registration course form duly signed, to the Academic Office through the College Office.
During the period of registration, all fresh students must register at the University Health Centre.
A copy of the fully completed Registration Course Form must be collected from the college to be kept by the student.
Click Here to download Crescent University registration procedure
Admission to 200 Level
NCE, OND and their approved equivalents in relevant field and at least the Upper Credit level in addition to O/L requirements stated above.
Advanced Level passes or its equivalents in relevant subjects in addition to O/L requirements stated above.
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) at acceptable grade levels;
In exceptional cases, holders of OND with lower credit from recognized institutions may be admitted to 200 level (part II) in relevant degree programmes, provided they satisfy the minimum requirements stipulated for entry into 100 level
HND with lower credit from recognized institutions may be admitted into 200 level in the relevant degree programmes provided they satisfy the minimum requirements stipulated for entry in 100 level.
Interviews conducted by the University must be passed.
Candidates will be allowed to transfer from other Universities to Crescent University, provided they:
Purchase, complete the prescribed Application Form (Visit our e-Portal Page)
Hold the minimum entry requirements for admission into the University. Click Here to View Entry Requirements
Ensure that transcript of their academic records and special confidential report on them (are forwarded by appropriate officials of their current institution) are received in the Admissions office of Crescent University not later than two months before the commencement of the intended session for which admission is being sought.
Have C.G.P.A. of not less than 1.5
Academic Session Fees.
- ALL PAYMENTS TO THE UNIVERSITY SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH BANK DRAFT IN FAVOUR OF CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA OR TO THE CRESCENT UNIVERSITY ACCOUNT AT:
- ZENITH BANK - 1010431785
- FIRST BANK - 2012145317
- STUDENTS SHOULD PAY 10,000 NAIRA TO PARENT FORUM ACCOUNT AT KEYSTONE BANK A/C NO-1000275775
- THE SCHOOL FEES ARE EXCLUSIVE OF STUDENTS' DEPARTMENTAL ASSOCIATION FEES OF N5,000 PAYABLE AT THEIR VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS
- THERE IS PROVISION FOR PRIVATE HOSTEL WITHIN THE CAMPUS FOR INTERESTED STUDENTS WITH ADDITIONAL COST
- BOWLSANT HOSTEL WITHOUT PROVISION FOR COOKING AND YOLA HOSTEL - N100,000
- BOWLSANT HOSTEL WITH PROVISION FOR COOKING - N150,000
- BOWLSANT SPECIAL TWO IN A ROOM HOSTEL WITH PROVISION FOR COOKING - N200,000
- THE FEES ARE ALSO EXCLUSIVE OF IMASA (STUDENT GENERAL ASSOCIATION) FEE OF N2000. PAYABLE TO FIRST BANK ACCOUNT NO-2022508694
- THE SCHOOL FEES INCLUDES: TUITION, ACCOMMODATION, MEDICAL, EXAMINATION, INTERNET ACCESS, SPORTS, IDENTITY CARD AND DEVELOPMENT LEVY
- A MINIMUM OF 70% OF SCHOOL FEES PAYMENT IS REQUIRED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 1ST SEMESTER AND THE BALANCE CAN BE PAID ON OR BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE 2ND SEMESTER
- N2500 WILL BE PAID FOR PORTAL REGISTRATION ONLINE WITH ATM AT THE POINT OF REGISTRATION
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES PLEASE CALL DEPUTY REGISTRAR ACADEMICS ON 08027814584 OR 08030644731.
Approved Students Societies/Clubs on Campus
Approved clubs usually have all encompassing series of activities ranging from lectures, symposium, awards, excursion and so on for their Association Weeks usually in the second semester. Students are expected to join one or more of the following societies and clubs:
- - Islamic Mission for Africa Student’s Association (IMASA- CUAB)
- - Crescent University Microbiology Student’s Association (CUMSA-CUAB)
- - National Association of Computer Science Student’s (NACOSS-CUAB)
- - National Economics Student’s Association (NESA-CUAB)
- - Nigerian Universities Accounting Student’s Association (NUASA-CUAB)
- - Banking and Finance Student’s Association (BAFSA-CUAB)
- - Mass Communication Student’s Association (MACOSA-CUAB)
- - The Nigerian Aid Group, Crescent University Detachment (NAGCUD)
Extra Curricular Activities
The following are some of the extracurricular activities:
- - Dukelands Intercollegiate Sports Competition which comprises of staff and students games in Soccer, volleyball, basketball, chess and scrabble. This takes place in the first semester of the session.
- - Bola Ajibola Champions Cup which is a soccer competition for students. It takes place in the second semester of every session to mark the Founders Day of the University.
- - Alhaji Adelakin Table Tennis Champions Cup for students in second semester.
- - Excursions are usually organized by the students’ association
- - Student’s Seminar/Symposia are also organized by the students’ associations
- - Awards and Dinner are also organized by the associations on campus
- - Annual Weeks are organized by the associations on campus